Thursday, December 18, 2008

Proud of my Kiddos

So I have to say in the middle of all this I am super proud of my kiddos...I discovered the situation of someone who did not even have a Christmas tree, and my kids happily went out with me and not only helped pick out a tree, but they also (all of this happily, knowing it was not for them) picked out lights, balls, ornaments, etc. at two different stores, and helped me drop it off for the person. I figured this was a great way to help teach them the true meaning of Christmas, and I am so proud of them for wanting to be so generous. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

is this your sister laura that you so generously gave the tree to? she doesn't have one.

The Galvin Family said...

No, it is not...I asked mom if Laura had a tree, and mom said she did not think so and was not sure. Since then the ice storm occurred, and Laura has not been at her home to my knowledge, and I have no way of getting ahold of her otherwise. Do you know if she is home yet?

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure...next time she calls I'll write down her cell number and give it to you.

The Galvin Family said...

Even if you did, the last I heard she did not have use of it (this was last week at the same time I heard she was staying with C. because of the power outage). Although I appreciate the offer. The tree was for someone else who currently has even less, and to my knowledge doesn't really have family around that can help them like Laura does. I do have another extra tree at my house though that I had told mom Laura could have if she wanted it.

Amanda said...

Awww. Yay for kid's generosity! (And Mom's too!)

Becky said...

LOL how do you have "another extra tree"?

The Galvin Family said...

It was a tree that Tim's grandparents gave us when we got married that we forgot about until Tim accidentally pulled it out of our storage instead of our actual tree. But I'm not sure it has all it's parts, and a coworker of mine has an extra tree (go figure lol) that they are dropping off for me tomorrow to give to Laura. :)

Becky said...

that's cool...I'm sure Laura would like having a tree. We have extra decorations she could have, though it is probably too late now. Bummer..I'll have to think better next year