This past Friday Tim and I took the kids to Boston to the Aquarium and Faneuil Hall. We had a blast! The kids loved the aquarium...the sea lions swam up and "kissed" them through the glass, and they loved all the fish, especially the penguins and the sharks, and the Nemo fish, of course. One of them swam up to Sarah, and she said, "Hi" to it lol. At one point, at the big aquarium in the middle, Connor and I spotted a shark, and he went, "Dun, duh dun dun, DUN!" (little nut). I think my favorite part though was when Erin, in all seriousness, looked up at Tim and said, "Daddy, how do penguins PEE?". Important things, I know. :) Unfortunately, we forgot our camera (and yes, we kicked ourselves), but we did purchase a picture of us taken by the aquarium people, which I am hoping to scan into the computer and post at some point. At Faneuil Hall, we discovered that this upcoming week is Street Performers Week, and some of them were already there and performing, so we watched some, including some awesome break dancers. After the aquarium and fanueil hall, we hopped back on the T then to our car to meet Rosemary in Natick for dinner. I am now a big fan of Vinny T's...yummy yummy food!
After dinner, Tim brought me back to the T, which I rode back into Boston to spend the night at my friend Bethany's dorm (she goes to Simmons College, down near Fenway). Well, it was Patriots Day weekend, and her college and the nearby colleges put together a little carnival on the grounds of her residence campus. And I rode a mechanical bull!!! SOOOOO much fun! I only stayed on for about five seconds, but it was awesome! Then we went down to Old South Church, where Beth goes to church. The place is freaking gorgeous!!! And I got a personal tour compliments of Beth (many thanks!). We did some shopping down at Copley Square, and I scored a $50 pair of Columbia khaki capris for $16.99 at the huge Marshalls. Tim met up with us and broke the bad news that his surprise for me (tickets to that days' Sox game) fell through that morning (no thanks at all to the jerk who reneged at the last minute after promising the tix for two weeks). So the next couple hours didn't go so well, mostly cause someone who shall remain nameless (okay, it was me), decided to have a little attitude for a bit, but then Tim and I ended up back at Faneuil Hall and took a carriage ride (horses and all). And we laughed at the stupid Canadians who came out of the woodwork to cheer on their team (who ended up losing to the Bruins that night hehe). :) I know, we're bad. Then it was back to T and then home in the car. A big thank you to Shallon and Sue too, who kept the kids on Saturday so we could partake of the fun!
1 comments:
mmmm mechanical bullriding...sounds like fun! Glad you had such a nice day. Mom and I were talking and us girls really need to get down to boston some saturday this summer...
Post a Comment