Thursday, January 29, 2009

You Have to Be Fat

So this afternoon after school I took the kids to the mall so they could play at the play place. It's free, and I thought it would do them some good to get out and play somewhere...in case you haven't heard, it's been alternately freezing cold or ridiculously snowy, so the kids have been cooped up in the house quite a bit.
While we were at the mall we did some looking to see if we could find Erin a dress for the Father Daughter Dance Tim invited her to. There was a dress we found at Penney's that she and I both liked, and it was "twirly" on the bottom, but when she tried it on it was just a bit too big for her, so we reluctantly decided not to get it and to go out another day this week, just her and I.
Well, on the way home in the car, we were talking about the dress, and Erin was agreeing that the dress was just a little too big, and she said, "Well, I must have lost some weight in my tummy". I said, "Erin, you didn't lose weight in your tummy, that dress was just too big for you, that's all". Well, the kids got to talking about "losing weight", with Connor saying that he needs to lose weight because he is over 100 lbs (not even close, btw lol). Erin told him that no, he doesn't need to lose weight, cause he's not fat, and you have to be fat to lose weight! :) Little goose!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha thats excellent